Raiders and RB Marshawn Lynch Still Working Towards a Deal

A deal between Marshawn Lynch and the Raiders has not been reached yet but it is close, Marc Sessler of NFL.com reports.

Lynch made it clear on Twitter there’s still more work to be done on sealing up his new contract with the Raiders:

“If u kno me you kno my business is my business,” Lynch tweeted, “and if u don’t kno me that’s a fun fact for ya… when (expletive) get REAL I’ll let you kno!!!!”

Raiders Actively Negotiating with RB Marshawn Lynch

The Raiders were actively negotiating Thursday with running back Marshawn Lynch, who has decided he intends to seek reinstatement to the NFL if he can play in Oakland, league sources told Ed Werder of ESPN.

Lynch, who retired after the 2015 season, was born and raised in Oakland. The Raiders will play there for at least the next two seasons before moving to Las Vegas.

The Seattle Seahawks still hold Lynch’s contractual rights, but they allowed him to visit the Raiders last week. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported last week that a deal between the Raiders and Lynch “eventually will happen.”

The Raiders can trade with the Seahawks for Lynch’s rights before he’s formally reinstated, a source told Werder. However, Lynch would be required to be fully reinstated as soon as a new contract is executed.

A source told Werder that Lynch and the Raiders are working on a short-term, heavily incentivized contract.

Raiders 2017 Pre-Season Schedule Released

The NFL has announced the release of it’s 2017 Pre-Season schedule.

Here is the Raider’s preseason slate:

Week 1: at Arizona Cardinals

Week 2: vs. Los Angeles Rams

Week 3: at Dallas Cowboys

Week 4: vs. Seattle Seahawks

Dates and kickoff times have not been announced for any of Oakland’s four exhibitions. Not one of them is currently scheduled to be played in Las Vegas — an idea that was floated earlier this offseason, but will not happen this year.  Oakland will play the same teams in the first and last pre-season games as last year.  In 2016, Oakland beat the Cardinals 31 to 10 in the first pre-season game, and lost to the Seahawks in the preseason finale 23 to 21.

As always, the 3rd preseason game is of particular importance to Oakland fans as that’s when the starters typically play deep into the second half, and that matchup also happens to be against an opponent Oakland will also see during the regular season in the Dallas Cowboys.

The Oakland Raider players and coaches will report to training camp in late July and preseason will start shortly after that.  Oakland will start the 2017 season on Sunday Sept 10, 2017.

Stay tuned to WWW.RAIDERSGAB.COM for more news and exciting developments as we look forward to the 2017 NFL season !!

Jack Del Rio Wants Raiders Players to Worry About Team; Not Where They Will Play

A vote by NFL owners to move the Raiders from Oakland to Las Vegas was held today, but despite another move for the Silver and Black, Raiders coach Jack Del Rio said it is his mission to keep his team focused on the upcoming season, which will be played at the Oakland Coliseum — the team’s aging venue considered obsolete by most NFL standards, Steve Wyche of NFL Network reports.

“My job is to make sure that everybody understands their defined role and that they’re all doing everything they can to execute that role,” Del Rio said Sunday in an interview that will air in full on Monday on Good Morning Football. “Right now, that’s the here and now, playing really good football in Oakland. We’ll need to worry about it and we’ll need to address it but we know we have a season in Oakland for sure, maybe more. So for me, as the head coach, my job, it really won’t change a whole lot.”

The Raiders will play in Oakland in 2017 and have an option to play there in 2018, regardless of the result of the vote. Should the team be approved to move to Las Vegas, a new stadium is not expected to be completed before 2020, so temporary venues would need to be secured.

NFL Expected to Vote on the Raiders Move to Vegas Monday

The Raiders may no longer be the Oakland Raiders as of Monday, as the NFL is expected to take a vote for the teams’ possible move to Las Vegas as early as the 2017 season.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell told Mayor Libby Schaaf in a letter Friday that the Ronnie Lott-led Oakland stadium proposal is filled with uncertainty, David Debolt of Bayaareanewsgroup reports.

In the letter obtained by this news organization Saturday, Goodell wrote that the city’s proposal is not “clear and specific, actionable in a reasonable time frame, and free of major contingencies.”

The criticism from the NFL’s top executive came days before NFL owners are expected to vote on the team’s relocation to Nevada and in response to an earlier letter from Schaaf outlining the $1.3 billion development at the Coliseum complex.

Hall of Famer Lott and his investors have proposed building a 55,000-seat football stadium, along with hotels, restaurants and space for a new ballpark for the A’s.

Meanwhile, in Nevada, the Raiders have proposed building a $1.9 billion, 65,000-seat domed stadium near the Las Vegas Strip, relying heavily on $750 million in taxpayer money and a $650 million loan from Bank of America.

“Key issues that we have identified as threshold considerations are simply not resolvable in a reasonable time,” Goodell wrote of the Oakland proposal.

Part of the commissioner’s concerns center on the A’s long-term lease at the Coliseum, a facility they have shared with the Raiders for decades.

Schaaf has previously said the NFL requested that the city “truncate” the lease, and she hoped the request was not a “take-it-or-leave-it condition.” Goodell, in his letter, said, “the long-term nature of the commitment to the A’s remains a significant complication and the resolution of that issue remains unknown.”

“We also accept that you do not wish to exercise (and may not be able to exercise) the contractual termination rights related to the A’s,” the commissioner noted.

Lott’s proposal, which includes a $600 million commitment from money-management firm Fortress Investment, sets aside 15 acres for the A’s, if they choose to stay at the Coliseum.

At a rally with fans on Saturday, Schaaf said there is no conflict with the A’s, and the city has given the NFL as much detail as it can.

“We have gotten as clear as we can get without the Raiders at the table,” Schaaf told the crowd inside the Coliseum. “We need the Raiders at the table.”

“We have gotten as clear as we can get without the Raiders at the table,” Schaaf told the crowd inside the Coliseum. “We need the Raiders at the table.”

City officials have said that it has been more than a year since they have met directly with the team’s owner, Mark Davis, who has committed to the Las Vegas deal.

Goodell acknowledged and thanked Oakland city officials, specifically Schaaf, for being “accessible, creative and diligent in exploring alternatives.”

Latavius Murray exits Oakland

After spending 3 short seasons with the Oakland Raiders, The Minnesota Vikings announced early Thursday morning that they have reached an agreement to sign (former) Oakland Raiders Pro Bowl  RB Latavius Murray.  Specifics of the deal are yet to be released.   A sixth-round draft pick out of UCF in 2013, Murray has rushed for 2,278 yards and 20 touchdowns in his short Raider career. The 27-year-old rushed for 1,066 yards and six touchdowns in 2015, his lone Pro Bowl season.

In 2016 for Oakland, Murray played in 14 games and rushed for 788 yards and 12 touchdowns. At 6-foot-3 and 230 pounds, he averaged 4.0 yards per carry last season and is currently averaging 4.2 yards per carry throughout the entirety of his career.

The move leaves the Raiders a little thin at RB, with DeAndre Washington, Jalen Richard and Taiwan Jones in place.  I expect the Raiders to add to that list with the biggest possibility in signing Viking RB Adrian Peterson to replace Murray. Oakland may also look to add a RB in this years NFL Draft in April.

Stay tuned to RAIDERSGAB.com for more exciting Oakland Raiders news!

TMZ: Raiders Aldon Smith Being Investigated for Domestic Incident

TMZ.com reports that Raiders Aldon Smith could find himself in big trouble again, this time with a domestic incident according to the site.

Here’s the story:

Oakland Raiders star Aldon Smith is being investigated for what we’re told is a domestic incident … TMZ Sports has learned.

Sources tell us cops in San Francisco were called early Saturday morning and responded to a home in the city. Smith owns a house in San Francisco. Police interviewed Smith and the alleged victim and took a report. The case is under “active investigation.”

Smith has not been arrested.

An arrest would be catastrophic for Smith’s career — he’s currently suspended by the NFL for multiple violations of the league’s substance abuse policy. Smith was expected to be reinstated in March, on the assumption he stayed out of trouble. An arrest could undo his prospects.

Jack Del Rio and the Raiders Talking Contract Extension

The Raiders and head coach Jack Del Rio have started discussions on a contract extension, Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle reports. This comes on the heels of the team’s first playoff appearance in 14 seasons.

Oakland general manager Reggie McKenzie was given a four-year extension in July, and the Raiders plan to give quarterback Derek Carr a long-term deal this offseason as well.

Del Rio has two years left on his contract. He has a 19-13 record in his first two regular seasons with the Raiders, and — along with McKenzie — has changed the culture after 13 straight nonwinning seasons.

The Raiders lost their last two games of the season after Carr broke his leg, including a 27-14 loss in Houston in the first round of the playoffs.

“With the players, they totally believe” in Del Rio, McKenzie said in December. “That’s No. 1. That’s what you want, is the players to believe, trust, and to know that they’re going to be able to compete day in and day out.”