DHB Pleads No Contest to Misdemeanor DUI Charge

Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey pleaded no contest today to a misdemeanor DUI charge in connection with his arrest on the Bay Bridge in April, the Bayareanewsgroup reports.

Heyward-Bey, 25, was pulled over at about 2 a.m. on April 7 on the lower deck of the bridge on his way back to the East Bay from a nightclub in San Francisco, his attorney Ivan Golde said.

He agreed to plead no contest in San Francisco Superior Court to the misdemeanor charge this morning in exchange for a sentence of three years’ probation, three months of DUI classes and various fines and fees.

Heyward-Bey had been pulled over after allegedly weaving and driving slightly above the speed limit in his 2012 Range Rover, according to the California Highway Patrol.

Prosecutors said a chemical test conducted at the scene found his blood-alcohol content was .13 percent, and a Breathalyzer test taken about an hour later found his BAC was still .12.

Golde had previously said there were “serious issues” with the case, but told Judge Samuel Feng today that seeking a trial on the charges would distract from with the Raiders’ upcoming season and “would be an undue hardship” on his client.

Heyward-Bey “wants to put this behind him,” Golde said.


Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Raiders Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

Submit to Digg  Stumble This Story  Share on Twitter  Post on Facebook  Post on MySpace  Add to del.icio.us  Bark It Up  Submit to Reddit  Fave on Technorati

One Response to “DHB Pleads No Contest to Misdemeanor DUI Charge”

  1. John R. LoRe, Ph.D. says:

    OK, let’s see if he can focus completely on making CP look good in 2012.

Leave a Reply